ページ

Dec 14, 2010

Growth report







My komatunas in a vinyl tunnel are growing much faster than my first komatunas which ended last weekend and we can expect to harvest them sooner than I think. As I mentioned sometimes, the effectiveness of the vinyl tunnel has been proved with the much germination and growth of the komatunas. If you seed or plant vegetables outside in winter season, I recommend you consider the method as your option.



My white radishes (Daikon radish) are also glowing and some of them have been ready for being harvested. I don't know how long and big they are till I will harvest them but judging from the white and green roots appearing on the soil I believe they have thick and long roots.




My cabbages have rolled their leaves inside shaping "cabbage-like appearance" beautifully. And fortunately few holes by bags are seen on them.


My Chinese cabbages (Hakusai), which have been suffering bugs attacks, are shaping their appearance and I expect to harvest them before the Christmas.



All of my 100 onions are very healthy showing us their leaves shooting upward, which shows water and nutritions can be sucked up successfully by the onions. I am looking forward to seeing ripen onions next spring.

-- from iPad

5 comments:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Everything looks growing healthy and beautiful. My cabbage never look as perfect as yours always with many holes since I am too lazy too look after them.

Mark Willis said...

Takaeko, everything looks really good in your garden. I wouldn't worry about a few bugs - at least you don't seem to be bothered by snails like most other gardeners I know. (I hope your wife knows that you took some of her clothes-pegs to keep your vinyl covers in place...)

Robin said...

Wow, your garden is doing amazing...everything looks perfect!

Eliza said...

Wonderful job growing a delicious looking garden! All of your vegetables are beautiful, and it does look like they are ripening under ideal conditions.

takaeko said...

>Malay
Well, the bugs habitting in my garden might prefer my Chinese cabbages to my cabbages. That's why my cabbages look perfect.

>Mark
I don't use her clothes pegs because I know she would get angry if she knew I would have used them! I found a set of 20pegs for about £2 in a local shop and bought that.

>Robin
I'm very excited with harvesting my vegetables which would be a great Chiristmas present!

>Eliza
Cultivating, seeding, watering, picking up bugs,,, those jobs can contribute to a good harvest, I believe. I hope they are delicious!