ページ

May 8, 2011

Planting summer vegetables with my daughter

 Today I and my daughter planted sprouts of summer vegetables presented by my wife's aunt.

List of summer vegetables:

1 mini-tomatoes
2 tomatoes
5 peas
4 black chills
2 egg-plants
1 okra






5 sprouts of peas supported with plastic poles.

3 tomato sprouts

A sprout of a black chili.
You can see the trunk and leaf veins are purple.

My daughter were watering the newcomers to my garden
hoping a good harvest this summer.

-- from iPod touch

7 comments:

Mark Willis said...

Your daughter will undoubtedly grow up to be a great gardener since she is gaining so much practical experience at an early age.

~TastyTravels~ said...

What a great garden helper you have!

Hazel said...

I enjoy your posts with the children helping.

fer said...

Hope your seedlings will grow well! It must have been so much fun to garden with your children helping.

takaeko said...

>Everyone
Well, I feel happy when I working in my garden with my kids and they seem to enjoy it, too. My son, at the age of 9, become busy doing homeworks, playing with his friends loosing his interest in working in my garden but he is looking forward to harvesting my vegetables.
I believe I can give them much opportunities to understand how our food (vegetables) are produced and come from where than other kids around us, which is a very precious and practical idea for them.

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

I like your daughter's red boots!!

Bom said...

How wonderful when the children get to help out.