ページ

May 22, 2011

Bad bugs and Good bugs

 As I found holes on my vegetable leaves have been increasing, I have to pay more attention to bad bugs like young worms of cabbage butterflies shown below and have to stick to my " F.P.K" method to ward them off. Today I found 3 young worms on my cucumbers so I smashed them to death. Oh,,,,sorry for poor bugs.



 While many bad bugs are found, I'm very happy to see good bugs or beneficial bugs like a black and yellow ladybug (Propylea japonica) who feed aphids. The bug may give me hope for less usage of pesticide.



-- from iPad

2 comments:

~TastyTravels~ said...

Doesn't it feel therapeutic to squish the bad bugs?? I've been patrolling my seedlings daily since I noticed my aphid problem!! GRRRR!! Hooray for the good bugs. I could use your ladybug friend's help!

mac said...

We have red and black ladybugs in our garden, but I have never seen a yellow and black ladybug before, thanks for the photo ID, otherwise I would've mistaken it as cucumber beetle.