ページ

May 22, 2011

Flowers and sprouts of my summer vegetables

Flowers give me hope and prospect for future's good harvests.
Today I found some flowers of my egg-plants, tomatoes and buds of my black chili.






I saw buds of black chili for the first time. I wish those buds could lead me to the joy of a good harvest,,,.



"紫蘇/Shiso or Green perilla (Perilla frutescens var. crispa)", a kind of herbs, have germinated in my soil bed. Shiso is used so often for summer dishes in Japan like a sauce for cold Somen-noodle ( Japanese wheat noodle) as condiment. I hope they will have grown by summer when we can enjoy the Siso-flavored dishes.





My little red riding hood hoed my planting beds ..

-- from iPad

9 comments:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Next month you will start to harvest warm veggies I reckon. Interesting bud for the black chili.

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

I too am seeing the flowers in my plants. I especially love the purple flowers on the eggplants. I really like shiso too!

~TastyTravels~ said...

I love seeing flowers forming. It makes me excited for the hopes of a good harvest! The flowers on the black chili are really interesting. I've never seen anything like it before! I hope you get chilis soon. I can't wait to see what they look like!

Paul and Melanie said...

That chili is looking good! Never grown a black one before, good luck. :)

takaeko said...

>Malay
Despite holes on the leaves by bugs, my black chillies are growing well.

>Charmcitybalconygarden
When I heard you like shiso, I wonder how you cook them?
Do you use shiso for condiment as we do?

>Holly
I'm also looking forward to seeing black chilis flowers.

>Paul and Melanie
Thank you, Paul and Melanie! Well, I also grow the black chili for the first time so I'll have to care them with checking bugs everyday!

Mark Willis said...

I really want your black chillis to do well! I am looking forward to seeing what the mature fruits look like, so I wish you success with the bug-hunting.

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Buds and flowers to a gardener is HOPE.... I saw buds forming on two of my cherry tomato plants , and I am already hoping for sizeable harvest... :)

The Sage Butterfly said...

My pepper plants are also budding...I am anxiously awaiting those tasty peppers. Your photos are lovely!

takaeko said...

>Mark
As summer is coming, more bugs will be found. I've been checking bugs everyday but no more further holes by bugs have found on my vegetables including my black chili.

>The Sage Butterfly
I also look forward to seeing and cooking black chili...not so hot but very tasty!