I harvested my sweet corns at last today and I'm very excited when I saw beautifully ripe corns!!!
As you can see the miserable result of my first sweet corns on "Bug's attack against my sweet-corn" in my blog , I decided to start my second try and I made the use of what I'd learned from the first try.
The most important thing which led to the success is controlling pests. I checked ears and leaves of corns every day, found and picked up bugs and killed all of them. Yes, I just carried out "F.P.K method" more throughly.Actually much less number of bugs had been found.Plus I used small amount of pesticide.I didn't know how many bugs in ears of corns and I had to use it to make sure the health of corns.
The second point is thinning out extra corn ears to secure nutrition for most prospective corns. Usually a sweet corn tree has 2 or 3 ears but I cut smaller ones and left a biggest one. That's why much bigger and riper corns have been grown.