ページ

Jun 4, 2011

Flowers of black chili

 I know some of my blogging friends are interested in the growth of my black chilies and they are waiting for my update on the vegetable. Today I would like to show you a good news of the black chili. 


 I found today some flowers of my black chili are blooming and many buds also are growing well and will bloom in a few days. I saw the flower for the first time and I feel it curious to see the flowers. They are small but have five beautifully violet petals which are associated with the color of black chili's fruits. The violet petals are so interesting and attractive because usual red chili's flower has white petals.



-- from iPad

6 comments:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Interesting. I have never seen chili flower other than white. Very pretty bloom.

Mark Willis said...

That chilli plant is so beautiful. The fact that it will produce edible fruits seems like a bonus!

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

very pretty flowers!

~TastyTravels~ said...

Gorgeous flowers!

takaeko said...

>Malay
Well, I wondered what color of the flower was before blooming but it's truly violet,,,just beautiful!

>Mark
I'm looking forward to harvesting black chili's fruits and collecting their seeds not only for next seeding but for my blogging friends who hope to get them!

>Charmcitybalconygarden & Holly
Thank you! I'm very happy to see attractive flowers!

littlekarstar said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see the inside of the chillies!