ページ

Feb 26, 2011

Seeding komatsunas and pak-chois

Today I seeded komatunas and pak chois in an extra space in my garden.
Originally I had a plan to seed pumpkins there but it's too early to do it.

I will seed pumpkins in the head of June when the space will have been unoccupied after the komatunas will have been harvested.


Even in warm days, I have to be cautious about changeable climate in this season since frost can be expected too suddenly for us to recognize.
I set up a vinyl tunnel for the komatunas and pak chois


Now I have 5 vinyl tunnels in my garden. It looks like " a vegetable factory ".



-- from iPod touch

4 comments:

~TastyTravels~ said...

Hooray! Your garden is coming along. You'll have plenty to harvest in no time!

takaeko said...

>Holly
Well, I believe the tunnels can make growth of my vegetables faster as spring is approaching.

Mark Willis said...

I like the idea of a vegetable factory! I hope it achieves world-class production figures...

takaeko said...

>Mark
In Japan the idea of vegetable factory is talked among many companies and the Japanese government. It's seen as one of prospective solution for low food self-sufficiency in Japan.