ページ

Jul 4, 2011

Recipe collection vol.4 ( Fried chickens with minced green perilla )

 Some of green perilla (green shiso/紫蘇) have grown so I tried to use some leaves of them for a dish for today's dinner. Perilla's leaves may remind you of some recipes like sushi rolled in the leaves or condiment for salad dressings because of its good aroma.

 I also wanted to make the use of the aroma so I tried to mix minced perilla's leaves with seasoning for fried chicken.




Fried chickens with minced perilla's leaves (for 4 people)

Ingredients:

・ Chopped chicken (300grams/11oz)
・ 6 green perilla's leaves
・ A spoon of salt, say-sauce, sake or white-wine
・ Grated garlic and ginger


Method

1 Mince all perilla's leaves.


2 Pour say-sauce, salt, sake, grated garlic and ginger and minced perilla's leaves into chopped chickens and mix them up.


3 Coat the chopped chickens with fry butter and fry them deeply.



4 Serve them on a plate and let's dig in!



-- from iPod touch

6 comments:

~TastyTravels~ said...

I suddenly have a craving for chicken karaage! Your fried chicken looks delicious!! I've never cooked with perilla. I love how the leaves look!

Mark Willis said...

Takaeko, can you please try to describe what the Perilla leaf tastes like? It is not something we in the UK know.

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

Is the right and left chicken different? The right batch looks darker than the left. I bet it tasted delicious though...This is a great idea. Bet the kids loved it:)

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Oishisou!!!Tabetainaa...I have to find some shiso seeds.

takaeko said...

>Holly
Yeah, I can understand how you feel because I'm a fun of Karaage! It's very hot while frying chickens but It's fantastic for me to enjoy Karaage with cold and chilly beer in a hot summer day....

>Mark
Well, the fragrance of perilla is so special and I can say it's like that of basil pickled with vinegar.
We in Japan use perilla so often for removing smell of fish or beef.

>Charmcitybalconygarden
Thank you for recognizing the difference! I forgot telling you another fried chicken. The chicken were coated with mixture of fry batter and curry powder.
That's why the chickens look darker and brownish.

The Sage Butterfly said...

I really like this recipe...sounds so delicious! Yummy!