ページ

Nov 24, 2010

Visiting "our teacher's farm

Today my family visited my wife's aunt who run large scale farm producing various kinds of vegetables and who is our teacher in gardening. We have learned a lot about how to run my garden. We visit her today to get rice husk. I'll show you how to use the rice husk.





In this season her aunt, family, and friends are very busy in harvesting and packaging komatunas. The komatunas are so beautiful and fresh that they are distributed to many stores.





















We found a rare kind of vegetable there. It's a "black chili". We have never seen that. If you know its scientific name and name in English, please let me know. And I'll show you how to cook them later,,,.





We talked with them a lot about growth of vegetables, weather, soil,,,,.
Everything is useful and helpful for us. We are so lucky that we can relay on her who is a veteran of raising vegetables.
-- from iPad

7 comments:

Mark Willis said...

How great to have such a comprehensive source of gardening advice so easily available! Gardening (especially raising veg) is an area in which the advice of someone more experienced can save you a lot of heartache. I think a lot of beginners give up quickly because they don't get instant success. This is where the assistance of an experienced mentor is needed.

Hazel said...

Those black chillies look interesting.

takaeko said...

>Mark
If I had not met her, I would not start my garden, I believe. Her knowledges are based on her lots of experiences in farming through nearly 50 years, not came from textbooks or websites. That is why she is so reliable. I believe we should meet a good teacher when we will start something new!

fer said...

Very interesting variety. I would like to try some for next year.

easygardener said...

The black chillies do look very attractive - I have not grown black ones before.
Good to have help from an experienced gardener - especially if you are new to gardening!

Larry said...

Quite the impressive gardens! L

Eliza said...

These are wonderful pictures! I've grown komatsuna as well as a black chili, but the chili I grew was from Czechoslovakia. I'd love to visit the farm in your photos. :)