ページ

Nov 18, 2010

Trip to Taketomi island, Okinawa

I'm in Taketomi island, which is located in about 500km southwest from Okinawa main island. I'm not with my family because actually the trip is presented by my wife and I'll stay there for 2 days.
I love Okinawa district and islands and my family tripped to this area many times. The district is popular and famous among Japanese for their tropical atmosphere.

I would like to show photos of the island's scenery, flowers and creatures.



The whole view of Taketomi village




A site-seeing car towed by a buffalo goes through the village.



A flower unidentified. Let me know the name.



-- from iPad

3 comments:

Mark Willis said...

Hi Takaeko; I hope you had a nice holiday! Did you take a ride on the buffalo-cart? The red flower is an hibiscus, I think.

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

うらやましいです。きれいな島ですね。人口どのくらいでしょうかね。今更大阪よりずいぶん暖かいですね。飛行機か船かで行きましたか。

takaeko said...

>Mark
Unfortunately I could't ride on the cart due to no vacancy. Thank you for reminding me of the flower's name! I could see many and colorful hibiscuses in the island. I'll post those photos later.

>Malay
The population of the island is only 350!! There are always more tourists than the islanders. The temperature is much warmer than in Osaka.