ページ

Apr 19, 2012

Harvesting young onions for a test.

 Today I found some onions' bulbs are mature and I decided to harvest 4 onions for a test although they are still young. They will be well-mature in a few weeks and it's the time to harvest them when their leaves will have fallen down to the ground. But I know young onions are also delicious! I have a craving for tasting them!




 My recipe of young onions is very simple. Cutting them into a half and strips, running them under water, and tossing them into ball with other vegetables with say-sauce base dressing.
 The young onion salad is so refreshing and tasty that I recommend you serve it for a breakfast.

There are still other 120 onions in my garden to be harvested in a few weeks! I'll have to ask my family for helping me harvesting all of them. I know it is a tough job.



1 comment:

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

yummy yummy, shin-tamanegi! Looks delicious!