ページ

Nov 23, 2011

A day in a rural area

 Today my family visited my wife's aunt, who is my gardening teacher and an owner of a large-scale vegetable farm, to get rice husk.


 Inside a large green house which is designed for farmers, not for vegetables, her aunt and some of her friends were busy in packing their products, Komatunas. I wish I could have helped them but packaging vegetables neatly was more difficult than and I think so I should leave it to "veteran farmers" who acquired techniques because I know that beautiful appearance of their products determines sales amount in stores.



 When I see vegetables produced by my teacher, I always envy her. Because All of her vegetables look perfect! Her komatunas also had bigger trunks, leaves and the color were darker green than mine.



 Other vegetables and fruits in her farm were also beautiful! I'll introduce some of them which I was impressed with,,,,.

A shiny red chili, which looks like the picture of "Mark's Veg Plot Chilli Award"?

Giant leeks

A tunip

Daikon radishes are so think, long and fleshy.

Kiwi fruits beside her green house have grown and ripen well.

A plastic box is full of hundreds of persimmon fruits!

3 comments:

Mark Willis said...

I'm sure that with your Garden Teacher's guidance you will be an expert in your turn.
(I love the chilli best !)

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Oh I am drooling over that kaki.

takaeko said...

>Mark
Well, I've learned a lot from her but I have to learn more for being recognized as an expert by my teacher.
Thanks to your awards, the red chili reminded me of your picture when I saw it!

>Malay
My family always enjoying harvesting and eating kaki!
I wonder if persimmon is popular in other countries. How about in your country?