ページ

Apr 29, 2013

My organic challenge vol.2

I don't want to use chemical pesticide but how can I ward off bugs organically especially aphids, which damage my vegetables every year?
I studied aphids don't like reflected sunlight so I've tried aluminum tape to repel them. I found more effective thing on the Internet than the tape, I believe. I bought a roll of silver-colored mulch sheet, which is 1 meter-wide and 100-meter-long.
The sheet is effective not only for repel bugs but for cooling down soil by reflecting sunlight. Today I covered my gardening ridges with the sheet.
I'll plant tomatoes, eggplants and cucumbers there next week. Aphids love those summer vegetables so I strongly hope the sheet will work effectively.

-- iPhone

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Sounds interesting, I hope your method works.

Mark Willis said...

Very clever! You certainly like the "technical" solutions, Takaeko. Must be the engineering genes you have.

takaeko said...

>Kelli
I really, really hope the method will work! I don't wanna aphids anymore!

>Mark
We can find so many methods for organic gardening on books and the Internet but it's important for us to try them and understand how they are effective, I believe.