ページ

Apr 8, 2013

My kids spend the last day of their spring vacation in my garden.

 I'm very happy that I and my kids could spend the last day of their spring vacation working in my garden. I'm happy not only for their help but for their positive attitude toward working in my garden.

 I did't asked them or invited them to come to my garden but they said "Take us to your garden, Dad!" when I left my house with my hoe. You can see their great jobs in my garden in the photos shown below.
Mission 1 : Weeding
Mission 2 : Cultivating soil
Mission 3 : Covering ridges with black mulch-sheets
 When I see their positive attitude, I strongly believe my education through my gardening will make for establishing their views in a good way. I always tell my kids that we live on food like meat, vegetables, fish, what we can get by growing and killing them. They seem to feel or acknowledge how important it is to know how we live and how interesting and valuable it is to take part in gardening, where they can grow their food.

3 comments:

Mark Willis said...

How nice that they appreciate your efforts and want to be involved. So many kids just want to play computer games, and never bother to educate themselves about where food comes from.

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

You just solved a mystery for me! My mother always asked why I don't use "mulchi sheet". Now I know, mulchi=mulch. So funny.

takaeko said...

>Mark
Well, my kids also spend hours playing games as other kids do. Today's games seem to be attractive for kids because of their beautiful 3D and sound. But I believe working in my garden and growing our food are also attractive and interesting to my kids. I have to grow more attractive vegetables for my kids.

>Charm
I used to take "mulch" as "multi(multiple)" until recently! :)
I thought that the "Multi Sheet" seemed to be so "Multipurpose".