ページ

Jul 5, 2010

How to prepare burdock roots for a dish.


If you are interested in a dish of burdock roots, I would like to show how to prepare them.

1 Remove a cane and leaves.

2 Scrape a root with a knife or scraper.



3 Slice it.













4 Soak sliced roots in water for a few minuets for removing scum.(Important for making the taste better!)












5 Boil the roots and other vegetables with your favorite soup.(My wife used a Miso-soup in this case.)











6 Miso-soup with sliced carrots and burdock roots.Sliced shiso leaves (green perilla) are added as condiment.












Burdock roots are very popular and known as a fiber-rich vegetable in Japan.




1 comment:

Getty said...

Thanks Takaeko!

I'll have to try that and let all my gardening neighbours know. I'm sure they will be surprised as I am.

We had our first garden beets today. They were delicious.