ページ

Jan 19, 2011

Recipe collection vol.1 ( Komatuna saute with hams )


 I know some followers are curious about our dishes and recipes. Therefore I decided to start the series of my recipe collection on my blog. In the collection I'll introduce dishes made by my wife and I (mainly by her) using our vegetables, the recipes and delicious foods I eat on a travel.
 I put a tag named "Recipes" on each post in the collection to let you access to it easily.
 I hope the collection posts would be the place where you can gather your own recipes and respond to them after you've actually made the dishes.

 Today I would like to start the first memorial post with "Komatuna saute with hams".
 The dish is so simple that everyone can cook it swiftly while you can enjoy komatuna making the best use of it and salty hams.

-Ingredients-

1. Komatunas
2. Ham ( Beef or pork is also OK.)
3. Salt and pepper


-Recipes-

1. Wash komatunas with a plenty of water to get rid of soil.
2. Cut the komatunas and hams ( you can use beef or pork ) into bite-size (3~4cm)
3. Heat a pan and add cooking oil.
4. Grill the komatunas and hams for 1min.
5. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. 

-- from iPad

4 comments:

Mark Willis said...

Hi Takaeko; We'll make a chef of you yet! I imagine that you and your wife together must make a combination like me and Jane: she is the most influential in the kitchen (though I do contribute a fair bit), whilst I am the chief gardener. We have complementary skills, but we share a common interest in food.

BTW: I notice you have changed the background colour of your blog -- your green is VERY green now!

~TastyTravels~ said...

Thanks for the recipe on komatuna. I was wondering how best to prepare it.

p3chandan said...

Since knowing you blog, I have learnt about some simple Japanese recipes from you. Wanting to ask you..komatuna is like pak choy right? I guess I can substitute with our local green here. Thank you for sharing Takaeko..

takaeko said...

>Mark
Well, my wife can cook so well that I always rely on her in cooking. But I become curious gradually about cooking myself.

>Holly
If you cook and eat the dish in the future, I would like to share your feeling and impression on the dish!

>p3chandan
Komatuna and pak choy are classified in the same family of Brassica rapa so there is less or no difference between the ways of growing komatuna and those of pak choy. From my experience of growing komatunas I can say clearly plenty of sunlight and bug prevention are required. Good luck with your new vegetables!